Sep 26, 2016

Simple Weeknight Dinner!

So apparently Southern California missed the memo that ITS FALL and it was 103 degrees today! :(

I needed a quick and tasty dinner so I decided on ham and cheese crescent rolls that I baked in the toaster oven. I actually wanted to do some lightly sautéed asparagus wrapped in ham that I saw on Giada De Laurentiis' cooking show but my local grocery store didn't have asparagus. And since it was so brutally hot outside, I was not going to another store. We had already run a bunch of errands and this was our last stop! 

I should have taken a picture of the ingredients I used but of course I didn't! I wasn't planning on blogging about them but they were so easy that I wanted to give other parents a quick dinner idea for busy weeknights or an insane heatwave!

To make them you'll need an 8 oz. package of crescent rolls (I like the Immaculate Organic Crescent Rolls), some good quality ham slices (8 to be exact) and some sliced cheddar cheese. Just lay out the crescent roll and place your ham and cheese on top, roll it up and place on your baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown.



I served them with apple and celery slices, and added a bit of Wild Friends Organic Maple Sunflower Butter to my plate. Perfect light dinner for a super hot day! These would also be great for breakfast or lunch and you can swap out the meat and cheese for whatever you like! I should mention that I was only feeding the girls and myself. My husband would need something more substantial! And he doesn't eat pork, so there's that.  

For a healthy snack, slice up an apple or celery and dip in this sunflower butter!

Follow me on Instagram for more tips like this @peppermint_and_peonies!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment