Oct 19, 2016

Road trip to Utah!

A couple of weeks ago, my husband, daughter and I took a road trip to Utah. We met some friends up there and stayed in cute little cabins right on Provo river. It was absolutely gorgeous! The mist on the water in the mornings was so cool. There's just something about being near the water. I wish we could have spent more time there! 

The view from our cabin. Just beautiful!

While we were there, we took the kids to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point. There were jumpers, little wooden playhouses, slides galore, face painting, a little tractor-pulled train, and mining for treasures. We were there for hours and didn't even see the whole thing! It was 11.95 per person (Monday-Thursday, 14.95 Friday and Saturday), and so worth it! I definitely recommend it if you are in the area or are going to be passing through and have little ones. They had a blast!  


This girl lives for face painting!

We also visited the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum in SLC and I have to say, the children's museums around here don't even come close! In all fairness, we haven't been to Pretend City and some of the other museums in our area. But as far as our local children's museum goes, this one blew it out of the water! Nellie had a blast in just about every exhibit. Her favorite was the cute little retro home, the store, and she loved working on a truck as a mechanic! My grandpa would be proud!





My favorite was the YL Lavender Farm exhibit! I had no idea this was going to be there, but it was a nice surprise! Especially because we were going to visit the real Lavender Farm the next day!





I was really looking forward to visiting the YL Lavender Farm in Mona, and it did not disappoint. The farm was so beautiful and clean. Everywhere you looked, there was something fun to check out. My husband and daughter loved it too! The people there were so nice. We were given a tour of the distillery and got to see juniper being distilled. I think it is so cool that an essential oils company owns their own farms and distilleries and that they are open to the public. That kind of transparency really impresses me! We took our time there and really enjoyed the grounds. There was a cool little western town that my husband loved, and a play structure with swings and a slide so we let Nellie play for awhile. We all had a blast! Again, if you live in the area or are traveling through Utah, this place is a must-see. The farm is set against the beautiful Utah mountains, and the setting is so peaceful and pristine. My favorite part of the farm was the gift shop! Some things never change! 


About to get my NingXia Red slushie. I was a happy girl!


We'd all love to go back!       

No comments:

Post a Comment