Sep 12, 2016

Essential Oils + Pregnancy

Hi everyone!

So, you all know I'm a bit obsessed with essential oils and the AMAZING ways they support our bodies. There really is nothing else like them! It is so important that we take care of our bodies with the best stuff on Earth, and pure, quality essential oils make it easy to do just that! 

WOMEN - we need to be aware of what we are putting on our bodies and in our bodies, especially when we are pregnant! Everything we eat or apply topically will enter into our bloodstream, and then into the bloodstream of our sweet baby. So tell me, are you ok with using products that are full of harmful chemicals, or would you be interested in going the more natural, healthy route? 

My sweet friend Heather, who actually introduced essential oils to me, is pregnant with her third baby right now and I am so excited for her! This is her first pregnancy since she has started using essential oils 2 year ago and I asked her a few questions about using oils during pregnancy. This can be a controversial topic, but it all comes down to personal preference and education - just like anything else. Essential oils can actually really help with pregnancy related discomfort in a natural way!


Here are some adorable pics of Heather and her family! Are they not the cutest??? 




Read on to see which essential oils Heather is using to support her body during this special time!

J: What are some oils that you are loving right now and how are you using them?

H: I am loving Frankincense rubbed on my tummy with a dab of coconut oil for skin support and elasticity!  Trying to avoid getting stretch marks you know! I love all the citrus scents right now to give me a little pep in my step. I smell them right from the bottle or diffuse them! They smell so fresh and clean. I love them all but my favorites are Orange, Bergamot, and LemonI also love rubbing Tender Tush Ointment on my tummy and my face for skin support too! So many amazing oils in this product to help with healthy, glowing skin. Peppermint Vitality is a must have when pregnant for when I'm feeling queasy! I love to smell it from the bottle or add a drop to my water. It is advised to avoid Peppermint in the third trimester because it can turn the baby in the womb.

J: What about other products?



H: Comfy PJ's are on the top of my list! And some cute maternity clothes! I also went and bought myself some "healthier" nail polish from Sprouts to avoid some of the toxins found in traditional nail polishes.

Ningxia Red has helped boost my immune system too. It keeps me healthy and well during pregnancy… along with the energy boost. I haven't been sick at all since drinking it daily!

J: What do you love about being pregnant?



H: There are a few things I love about being pregnant. I love knowing there is a little blessing from God growing inside me that I have been given to care for and nurture.  It makes me want to be the best, healthiest person I can be! It's a big responsibility! I also love the anticipation of finding out the gender (it's a BOY!), what the sweet baby will look like, waiting for those little kicks to happen, and getting the baby items and room ready. And I'm not going to lie, the special privileges are nice… like people wanting to help you carry things, opening doors for you, special "expectant mother" parking at certain stores.. ;)

J: You lead a very active lifestyle (hiking, Pilates), what are some of your favorite ways to stay active throughout pregnancy?

H: It's super important to stay active and strong during pregnancy. There are some days I don't feel like it, but I always try to walk at least a mile or two, stretch, and do some squats. I also LOVE to hike with my family. We just went hiking in Yosemite and it was a blast! Hiking doesn't feel like a workout to me because I enjoy it so much so it's a great way to get exercise in. 

J: Any cravings?


H: Cravings… Oh goodness I have been craving peaches and plums like crazy!! And Young Living's antioxidant drink Ningxia Red. I drink it twice a day! It's so good for you and gives you energy! 

J: What advice would you give someone who is pregnant and just starting out with essential oils?



H: For someone pregnant and new to the oils, I would definitely recommend getting the Gentle Babies book. It has so much great information about which oils to use for what and which oils to avoid. Oils are a much better alternative to so many of the toxic products out there and they can help support a healthy pregnancy.  

………………

A BIG thank you to Heather!! She has been my oil guru and pretty much my health guru (whether she knows it or not!) since I made it my mission to live a healthier life and detox my body and my home! She is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to essential oils, supplements, healthy eating and fitness! Love her and her commitment to living the best, most healthy life for herself and her beautiful family! You can follow her on Instagram @my.essential.life to learn more oily goodness and how she incorporates essential oils into her daily life! 

***GIVEAWAY***
Thoughts of new babies just gets me all warm and fuzzy inside and makes me feel extra giving, so we are going to do a fun little giveaway! Enter to win a copy of Debra Raybern's Gentle Babies! All you have to do is comment on this blog post and tell me your favorite way to use essential oils! It can be anything, a diffuser blend, a great way to use your oils topically, or even internally if you choose to do so! This book is a must if you are expecting or have a baby or young child! The winner will be announced on Friday, Sept. 16! Good luck! XOXO





8 comments:

  1. I am new to the essential oils but my favorite so far is my home made spray of thieves. Especially because school just started so I spray it on my daughters stuff and the fact the season is changing j want all of our immune systems to be strong and well. My husband works a TON! So I recently had him drink the Thieves to help make sure he was strong and healthy. Like I said I'm new to this oils world but so far I'm loving everything about it and the more I learn the deeper the love for it becomes!
    -Kelly Howard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thieves is an awesome blend Kelly and so good for immune system support!

      Delete
    2. Thieves is a must have in our home!! I love its immune supporting properties. And it smells like Christmas!!

      Delete
  2. I love oiling. As of today, I'm loving lemon in my water to detox after meals, stress away in my diffuser jewellery and bergamot and lavender in my homemade whipped body Butter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am familiar with Heather as she is one of the people who got me involved with YL essential oils!!! I have a 17 month old daughter and another one on the way (It's also a BOY!!) due in December. I love using thieves in my daughters diffuser and lavender diluted with coconut oil for her diaper rash when she has it!! I recently started having sciatica pain and looking forward to trying some new layering to help relieve some if not all the pain!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Congrats! I also love Thieves and Lavender! They are some of my faves!

      Delete
    2. I just got a second bottle of gentle baby while it's still in stock for part of my ER order and I'm looking forward to trying that for myself and my little guy!! I'll have to do a little research on how to apply and when.

      Delete