Aug 9, 2016

Anaheim Packing District

Hello friends!

Today Nellie, Gilbert and I made a fun little trip to the Anaheim Packing District. If you haven’t been there before, and you eat food, what are you waiting for? Jump in your car and go this instant! Just make sure they are open. And that you are wearing clothes. And that you are HUNGRY because there are so many food options it is kind of overwhelming!

This was only our second trip there. I had seen pictures on their Instagram feed of pho and banh mi sandwiches and Vietnamese food was what I was craving! We went straight to Sawleaf Café and browsed their menu. I was planning on getting pho, but their Vermicelli Noodle Salad looked so good so I opted for that instead. It did not disappoint! I got it with Lemongrass Chicken and it was so tasty! Even Nellie liked it! My hubby had to round out the meal with sweet potato fries! They were pretty darn good too!
Vermicelli Noodle Salad and Sweet Potato Fries

After our dinner we went upstairs to popbar where you can get a little glimpse of heaven. Check out all of those beautiful colors! They are made with real fruit and there are no artificial flavorings or preservatives, just pure deliciousness!

I got a pineapple sorbetto on a stick, half dipped in dark chocolate and then dipped in pistachios. Nellie wanted a plain chocolate gelato on a stick. When I asked if she wanted it dipped or wanted sprinkles, I got a firm, NO. Ok, then. Chocolate it is. :) Gilbert got a peppermint frozen hot chocolate. And you all know my affinity for peppermint! It was so delicious! I’ve always wanted to go to Serendipity in New York but never had the chance. I imagine this drink tastes just as good or better than their frozen hot chocolate! It was that good!  
The before pic, giving her gelato a big thumbs up!

And the after...
Here's mine, I'll spare you my before and after pictures!


Off to detox now!

Seriously though, the Packing District is such a fun place to hang out. It is family friendly, at least when I’ve been there it has been, but I imagine on weekend nights the bars can get pretty lively. And they have so many choices when it comes to food that there is literally something for everybody. If you are in the area, stop in! You won’t be disappointed!

Tips:

Parking can be tricky. There is street parking and lot parking. There’s even valet. We’ve gone at off-peak times and were able to find lot parking pretty quickly. But I imagine on days where they are having the Farmer’s Market, or weekends in general, parking would be kind of hard. Try to go in between breakfast and lunch or before the dinner crowd to make parking a cinch!  

If you go in a group, and it is busy, have one person save a table while the others grab food, then switch off if needed. It can get packed and tables/sitting areas are hard to come by.

If you can't decide what you want, and you are in a group, see if everyone is willing to get a different dish so that you can sample a bit of everything! We did this the first time we went and it worked out really well! We got to try quite a few things and see what we really liked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment